|Irish Coffee: Top 10 observations of Celtics schedule||07.27.12 at 1:20 pm ET|
In case you missed NBA TV’s very special release of the 2012-13 regular season schedule, hold onto your hats for this breaking news: The Celtics will play 82 games over the span of six months — exactly 41 apiece at home and on the road, if you can believe that coincidence — and each one of them counts equally against their record. Of course, some offer more intrigue than others. That’s where the following 10 observations come into play.
10. Opening Night: Remarkably, the first game of the entire NBA schedule features the unstoppable force known as the Wizards and the immovable force that is the Cavaliers. Thankfully, that’s not the inaugural national TV broadcast. That honor belongs to the Celtics and Heat, who play their Eastern Conference finals rematch on Oct. 30 in Miami at 8 p.m. (TNT), followed by Mavericks at Lakers at 10:30 p.m. The NBA’s selection of C’s-Heat is no surprise, whose rivalry only gets more interesting now that Ray Allen has taken his talents to South Beach.
9. Many Happy Returns: We’ll get to Allen’s return to Boston momentarily, but the C’s new additions have their own homecoming dances. Celtics free agent signee Jason Terry won’t play his first road game in Dallas since the 2003-04 season until March 22. Since C’s sign-and-trade acquisition Courtney Lee has played for three different teams in four years, his homecoming won’t be so emotional, but on Dec. 14 he visits Houston, where he played for the Rockets the past two years. And, believe it or not, Jeff Green still hasn’t played in Oklahoma City since the Thunder shipped him to Boston for Kendrick Perkins in 2011, so March 10 marks his return.
|2012-13 Celtics regular-season schedule||07.26.12 at 7:49 pm ET|
The NBA released the 2012-13 regular-season schedule. Here are all 82 Celtics games.
Oct. 30: Celtics at Heat, 8 p.m. (TNT)
Nov. 2: Bucks at Celtics, 7:30 p.m.
Nov. 3: Celtics at Wizards, 7 p.m.
Nov. 7: Wizards at Celtics, 7:30 p.m.
Nov. 9: 76ers at Celtics, 7:30 p.m.
Nov. 10: Celtics at Bucks, 8:30 p.m.
Nov. 12: Celtics at Bulls, 8 p.m.
Nov. 14: Jazz at Celtics, 7:30 p.m.
Nov. 15: Celtics at Nets, 8 p.m. (TNT)
Nov. 17: Raptors at Celtics, 12:30 p.m.
Nov. 18: Celtics at Pistons, 7:30 p.m.
Nov. 21: Spurs at Celtics, 7:30 p.m.
Nov. 23: Thunder at Celtics, 7:30 p.m. (NBA TV)
Nov. 25: Celtics at Magic, 6 p.m.
Nov. 28: Nets at Celtics, 7:30 p.m. (NBA TV)
Nov. 30: Blazers at Celtics, 7:30 p.m.
- Doc, Defesne, and Lob City - Q&A with Clips Nation's Steve Perin
- KG and Pierce look fine, C's fall to Nets 96 - 104
- 1st place Celtics take on Pierce, Garnett and the 4th place Nets
- Rondo: "I'm patient and I'm not going to rush"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/10
- The Celtics and player development
- NBA trade market shifting as season progresses