|Doc’s orders: Ainge told to stay away from Garden||04.17.09 at 1:59 pm ET|
WALTHAM – Celtics coach Doc Rivers said on Friday that he has exchanged text messages with his boss, Danny Ainge, the Celtics GM, who suffered a mild heart attack on Thursday morning and was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital.
Rivers said following practice Friday that Ainge is doing much better and that doctors have instructed him to stay away from the first two games of the playoff series with Chicago, which begins 12:30 p.m. Saturday at TD Banknorth Garden.
“I hope not,” Rivers said when asked if Ainge would try to fight the orders. “Knowing Danny, I wouldn’t be shocked. I know (Saturday) he will not be, I’m positive of that. And he shouldn’t be at Monday’s (game). I know there’s doctor’s orders, and not mine but the real doctors have told him he can’t come but I’ve never known Danny to really listen. I wouldn’t be shocked but he shouldn’t be there. He shouldn’t watch probably.”
- Jeff Green 8th in front court, Rajon Rondo 6th in back court in All Star...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/12
- Doc Rivers Triumphant in Return Against Boston Celtics: Highlights &...
- Doc Rivers Tears Up in Post Game Press Conference After His Los Angeles...
- Doc Rivers Moves On, Brad Stevens Pushes Forward - Torch Passed In Boston
- Doc has his day, C's fall to Clips 88-96
- Boston Celtics' Moving Tribute Video to Doc Rivers at TD Garden