|New York does its best to throw Troy Murphy under the Alex Rodriguez gambling bus||08.04.11 at 2:27 pm ET|
By now, I’m sure you’ve heard the Star Magazine story about Yankees shortstop Alex Rodriguez allegedly playing and hosting $500,000 poker games in New York City, Los Angeles and Miami in which cocaine was openly used and thugs threatened players over their gambling debts.
Now, as Major League Baseball investigates A-Rod’s involvement, New York Daily News writer Jim Rich threw Celtics free agent forward Troy Murphy and other professional athletes right under the bus along with Rodriguez. Here’s the passage from Rich’s column entitled “Yankees’ Alex Rodriguez playing poker is only a big deal because he has proven to be a lightning rod”:
|Kobe, A-Rod Sing and Dance into Your Homes||10.26.08 at 10:08 pm ET|
Bryant and Rodriguez, along with Michael Phelps and Tony Hawk, are featured in a new commercial for Guitar Hero. The ad is a throwback to “Risky Business” with the four men donning pink button down shirts and white boxers. Click here to check it out!
Notice how Kobe’s shorts are longer. He’s probably sensitive to the idea of anything above the knee after this incident.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?