|Carmelo Anthony to the Nets?||09.24.10 at 1:34 pm ET|
Carmelo Anthony wasn’t a part of the celebrated free agency class of 2010, but his name has been floated throughout the NBA rumor mill ever since he wavered on signing an extension with the Nuggets. As a new season dawns, we may be getting closer to a resolution.
Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski has the latest on a possible deal that would send Anthony to the Nets for rookie Derrick Favors and draft picks. That’s only one part of the deal, as Wojnarowski writes, which could include multiple teams. ESPN’s Marc Stein has the deal involving four teams, including Utah and Charlotte, and involving Andrei Kirilenko, Boris Diaw and Devin Harris all changing addresses.
The upshot is the Nets would get Anthony, the Nuggets would acquire Favors, Kirilenko and draft picks, Diaw would go to Utah and Harris would land in Charlotte. There are an awful lot of moving parts to the deal, not the least of which is Anthony’s willingness (or reluctance) to sign an extension with the Nets if he’s traded.
If it goes down, Anthony would be added to a revamped Nets roster that also includes free agents Jordan Farmar, Anthony Morrow and Travis Outlaw, as well as recently acquired Troy Murphy. That’s a serious talent upgrade from the woeful squad the Nets put on the floor last season.
While the Celtics remain the prohibitive favorites in the Atlantic Division, both the Nets and Knicks bolstered their rosters during the offseason. The division remains within the Celtics control, but promises to be a whole lot more interesting than it has in recent seasons.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...