|Doc Rivers won’t make the same mistake Brent Musburger did||03.25.13 at 7:31 pm ET|
WALTHAM — You wouldn’t know the Celtics were on a four-game losing streak by the mood of the coaching staff and the team captain prior to Monday’s practice.
Doc Rivers said Monday he has been enjoying the NCAA tournament and the accomplishments of his alma mater Marquette and Florida Gulf Coast University. When asked about Florida Gulf Coast University coach Andy Enfield, Rivers would only say he has “a lot of good things going on in his life right now,” a reference to Enfield’s attractive wife, Amanda Marcum.
Rivers said he is not going to make the same mistake Brent Musburger made during the BCS title game in college football, when Musburger publicly fawned over Katherine Webb, the girlfriend of Alabama quarterback A.J. McCarron.
Meanwhile, before practice began, Paul Pierce brought Rivers and the coaching staff to midcourt to pay off some sort of wager. Rivers told Pierce, “Let’s do this now,” then told camera crews to stay around and tape the first five minutes, presumably as proof that the coaches and Rivers made good on the deal. One side note however, Rivers was not required to run the sprints. Here’s that proof from Monday.
Among those in the sprints were assistants Kevin Eastman, Armond Hill, Ty Lue and Jamie Young.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?