|Morrow off table after sign-and-trade with Nets||07.14.10 at 9:23 am ET|
You can erase another name off the Celtics’ list of free agent targets this offseason after Anthony Morrow agreed to a sign-and-trade deal that would send him from the Warriors to the Nets for New Jersey’s second-round pick in 2011. Earlier this month, reports had emerged that the C’s were looking at adding Morrow as a sharpshooter off the bench. He led the NBA in 3-point field goal percentage as a rookie in 2008-09 at 46.7 percent.
Morrow, who signed as an undrafted free agent out of Georgia Tech in 2008, averaged 13.0 points per game for Golden State last season, up from his 10.1 the season before. Instead of Morrow, the Celtics may have to get their shooting off the bench from old friend Nate Robinson as they reportedly are closing in on a deal to bring him back to Boston.
- Jeff Green 8th in front court, Rajon Rondo 6th in back court in All Star...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/12
- Doc Rivers Triumphant in Return Against Boston Celtics: Highlights &...
- Doc Rivers Tears Up in Post Game Press Conference After His Los Angeles...
- Doc Rivers Moves On, Brad Stevens Pushes Forward - Torch Passed In Boston
- Doc has his day, C's fall to Clips 88-96
- Boston Celtics' Moving Tribute Video to Doc Rivers at TD Garden