|Report: Carlos Arroyo is the newest new Celtic||03.05.11 at 3:22 pm ET|
The paper reported Saturday that the team was looking at several options but favored him over veteran Antonio Daniels, who was attempting a comeback with the Texas Legends of the D-League. The Herald reports Arroyo was signed to a pro-rated veteran minimum contract for the rest of the season, and that he could join the team in time for Sunday’s game against Milwaukee.
Arroyo was waived by the Heat earlier this week to make room for the signing of Mike Bibby. In 49 games this year (42 starts) for the Heat, Arroyo averaged 5.6 points and 2.0 assists per game in just over 20 minutes a night.
To make room for Arroyo, the team informed center Chris Johnson after Saturday’s practice they would not be extending his 10-day contract.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...