|Doc on Baby’s fine: ‘I thought it was extreme’||01.22.10 at 9:09 pm ET|
Doc Rivers was asked for his reaction before Friday’s game to the $25,000 fine doled out to Glen Davis for his obscenity-laced response to a fan in Detroit on Wednesday night.
“I have no reaction,” Rivers answered initially.
But then, as he always does, Rivers offered more perspective.
“It was high,” he added. “I thought it was extreme but I do understand, I get it,” Rivers said.
Rivers then gave a more light-hearted view on the matter.
“You just can’t do what he did and get caught. That’s my last joke on that.”
[Listen to Doc Rivers talk about Baby's fine in detail by clicking here.]
“It’s very difficult,” Rivers said. “Some of the things we hear in the crowd is just absolutely amazing. There are times I stare up at the guy and hopefully, that menacing look will stop him and it usually doesn’t. Usually, the beer wins out. But it is tough but you have to [control yourself]. It’s not like it’s something new. It’s been going on for quite a long time, for years.”
Davis was fined heavily but not suspended and played on Friday night against Portland. Read the rest of this entry »
- Mike Krzyzewski to return to coach Olympic Men's Basketball Team
- Charges against Terrence Williams delayed
- A look at Eric Gordon
- Rotoworld's Steve Alexander's mock: Celtics pick Mason Plumlee
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/22
- Sporting News' Sean Deveney's mock: Celtics pick Tim Hardaway, Jr.
- Bleacher Report's Tyler Conway's mock: Celtics pick James Franklin