|Doc Rivers went to see ‘Argo’ during the election||11.07.12 at 7:02 pm ET|
Doc Rivers donated $5,000 to Barack Obama‘s campaign, so his rooting interest in Tuesday night’s election was well-known. However, the Celtics coach did not spend Tuesday night glued to the television awaiting results, but instead went to the movies to pass the time.
“That was a lot of fun,” Rivers said of seeing Obama get re-elected. “Nerve-racking, actually. I went to a movie during the middle of it because I couldn’t take it anymore. I was getting texts from people telling me what was going on, and I didn’t trust that, so I was turning into Karl Rove. It was unbelievable.”
Rivers went to see “Argo,” the Ben Affleck movie about the Iran hostage crisis of 1979, but he didn’t make it all the way through the movie.
“I got a text in the middle of it that he won, so I left, so I didn’t see the end of ‘Argo,'” Rivers said with a laugh. “And it was terrific, so I’ve got to go pay again, which if you know me, that really pisses me off, having to pay twice.”
A reporter was quick to point out that Rivers didn’t need to see the end of the movie to know what happened, as it’s based on a true story.
“Yeah,” a grinning Rivers replied. “It’s like [knowing the end of] ‘Titanic,’ but it’s still a good movie.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason