|KG was still heard||04.29.09 at 8:29 am ET|
He hasn’t played in over a month but Kevin Garnett is still finding a way to make his voice heard during games. On Tuesday night, he made sure Bulls guard Ben Gordon got his message loud and here. Click here for the photo (via HoopsHype).
|Gordon’s return was expected||at 12:36 am ET|
Doc Rivers has seen this before. Last season he watched Paul Pierce bounce back from a knee injury to save the day in the NBA Finals. So he wasn’t surprised when Ben Gordon, the Bulls most dangerous scorer, played through a problematic hamstring in a critical Game 5.
‘Yeah I wasn’t worried about Ben Gordon being hurt,’ he said. ‘I’ve seen that act before.’
Gordon scored 26 points in 50 minutes during the Bulls overtime loss. Bulls coach Vinny Del Negro explained why he left his guard on the court for so long.
‘A few times I said, ‘Ben, how are you? Are you alright?’ and he just said, ‘Yeah, I’m fine’ or ‘Yeah, I’m a little tight,’’ Del Negro said. ‘But he played 50 minutes so it wasn’t like I was going to take him out because once he gets tight it’s hard to get him loose again. So if he was fine then I was fine with him being out there because he’s such a threat.’
Rivers gave Gordon credit for leading the Bulls on the scoreboard. But that’s not to say he overwhelmed by a comeback performance.
‘He was terrific. You know, he made some unbelievable shots and honestly some of them were very well defended. We’ll take some of those shots and if he makes them, he makes them,’ said Rivers. ‘But overall he didn’t look injured to me.’
|Del Negro: Gordon will start||04.28.09 at 6:35 pm ET|
Chicago Bulls coach Vinny Del Negro just told the media that Chicago’s Ben Gordon, who is suffering from a torn hamstring, will start in Tuesday night’s Game 5 between the Celtics and Bulls. “He’s going to try to play,” Del Negro said. “He’s loosened up a little bit. It’s still pretty tight, but he’s going to try.”
|Gordon has MRI||04.27.09 at 1:22 pm ET|
Bulls guard Ben Gordon, he of the clutch 3-point shooting, is supposed to have an MRI on his hamstring today. Gordon told reporters:
“I was driving and I heard something pop. It’s sore; hopefully it’s not too serious. I’m going to do what I need to do.”
|Halftime Notes and Numbers||10.31.08 at 6:17 pm ET|
At the half … Celtics 49, Bulls 31
- Kevin Garnett leads all scorers with 16 points. Derrick Rose leads the Bulls with 10.
- The Celtics outscored the Bulls 30-12 in the paint.
- The Celtics also outrebounded the Bulls 27-23. KG pulled down seven boards.
- Tyrus Thomas and Luol Deng shot a combined 2-for-17.
- Leon Powe scored seven points in seven minutes off the bench. Ben Gordon was scoreless in nearly 12 minutes as a reserve.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason