|Draft prospect compared to Garnett||05.25.09 at 7:57 pm ET|
This summer B.J. Mullens is looking to make a name for himself in the NBA Draft, but he doesn’t mind being compared to certain players along the way.
Very few players would complain when drawing similarities to one of the best in the game.
‘I can get compared to Kevin Garnett, his inside game,’ Mullens told HOOPSWORLD (Click here for video), ‘Outside game, Dirk Nowitzki, explosive like Amar’e (Stoudemire). Those three guys I like to compare myself and mix them all together and do a little bit of triple threat.’
Mullens has been working out at Impact Basketball in Las Vegas, where Garnett has also trained. The 7-foot, 260-pound center averaged 8.8 points and 4.7 rebounds in his freshman season at Ohio State. He lists his strengths as his footwork, outside jumper, and versatility playing both inside and outside.
Like Garnett, he was named to the Parade Magazine First Team All-American in high school. Mullens plans to work out for 15 teams before the draft, including the Cleveland Cavaliers and Los Angeles Lakers.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason