|Highlights from Wyc Grousbeck and Bob Epstein’s appearance on The Big Show||06.23.11 at 4:49 pm ET|
On the day of the NBA draft, Celtics owners Wyc Grousbeck and Bob Epstein joined The Big Show to talk about a myriad of topics including how the 2011 season ended, the Doc Rivers contract extension and even just precisely who Danny Ainge would have selected had he had the first pick in the 2007 NBA draft (hint: he led the NBA in scoring last season).
Here’s a transcript of that interview. (To hear the entire segment, visit The Big Show’s audio on demand page.)
On how the season ended:
WG: You know what they say, the ring adds 10 years. No, we’re all wearing the rings but we want another one. We had a good shot this year. They beat us fair and square, but we had a good shot. If Rondo doesn’t go down and practically break his arm in that deathhold that he was in and some few other things happened, but they beat us fair and square. This team might have a chance a la Dallas, along those lines, to contend next year if we can get them some help. That’s probably Plan A.
On continuing on the same course:
WG: That’s the question. First of all, we don’t want to talk about roster moves in depth on air before they’re even thought of. … Also, we’d have to consider if we did decide to change things wholesale, would you be able to get a contending team back in the near term? That’s part that goes into it. We consider this team as a good team. It needs to get better. We’re going to try to do that. Read the rest of this entry »
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...