|tempers tempers||05.14.09 at 9:24 pm ET|
ORLANDO – You can sense the urgency picking up. The Celtics want to end the series and the Magic want a Game 7 on Sunday night in Boston.
No better example of the heightened intensity than the verbal sparring between Stephon Marbury and Hedo Turkoglu following a foul with 10:24 remaining in the fourth. Both were assessed technicals as each got in the face of the other.
Nothing more transpired as Magic coach Stan Van Gundy came racing onto the court to to protect his three-point gunner who has missed all three of his long-range shots.
At 8:38, the Magic took their first lead of game. 66-64, when Rashard Lewis drove to the basket for a bucket. But Boston reclaimed at 8:11 on another Rondo three as shot clock expires again.
The crowd is finally alive and expect them to be on their feet for the rest of the game as the Magic took a 70-67 lead wtih 6:52 remaining. Rashard Lewis is finally figuring out that no one can contain him if he gets to the basket as his driving layup with 6:34 left gave the Magic their biggest lead, 72-67.
- Could the Celtics make a move for Greg Monroe?
- Deron Williams expected to play vs. Celtics on Tuesday
- Thursday's Leftovers: Crawford's hand is wrapped, Ainge discusses...
- At the Quarter Pole: Team Statistical Breakdown
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/5
- Ainge on Rondo: "not close"
- Forsberg: Embrace the winning