|Halftime Notes and Numbers||10.31.08 at 6:17 pm ET|
At the half … Celtics 49, Bulls 31
- Kevin Garnett leads all scorers with 16 points. Derrick Rose leads the Bulls with 10.
- The Celtics outscored the Bulls 30-12 in the paint.
- The Celtics also outrebounded the Bulls 27-23. KG pulled down seven boards.
- Tyrus Thomas and Luol Deng shot a combined 2-for-17.
- Leon Powe scored seven points in seven minutes off the bench. Ben Gordon was scoreless in nearly 12 minutes as a reserve.
|Del Negro Taking On Old Friends||at 5:48 pm ET|
Vinny Del Negro’s return to Boston is more than just a homecoming for the Springfield, Massachusetts native. Tonight the newly appointed head coach of the Chicago Bulls is going up against his former teammates in all levels of the Celtics organization.
“I played with Doc, I played with Danny, I played with Ray Allen,” Del Negro said before the game. “So to come back and see those guys is great. I’m just happy with their success last year and for all those guys.”
Here’s how it breaks down:
1988-90: Teammates with Danny Ainge on the Sacramento Kings
1998-2000: Teammates with Ray Allen on the Milwaukee Bucks
|First Impressions of Derrick Rose||at 5:19 pm ET|
What can a first pick get you these days in the NBA?
This summer it didn’t seem like much when Derrick Rose struggled at the Orlando Summer League. Tonight, however, he is showing more signs of potential.
Rose is fast so the match up between him and Rajon Rondo is a quick-moving battle to the basket. Both point guards like to drive the lane and Rose has already proved that like Rondo, he isn’t afraid to take on the big guys.
Early in the first quarter Rose drove to the hoop against Kendrick Perkins and drew the fouls. He blocked out “De-riiicck” chants from the crowd to nail both free throws.
Of course you can’t base an opinion on a few minutes of basketball but tonight Rose is coming out strong against the defending champs.