|Old Memories for New Kid Danny Wood||10.29.08 at 12:41 am ET|
Before Danny Wood got hooked up with courtside seats by Donnie Wahlberg to watch the Boston Celtics ring ceremony, the New Kids on the Block member took in a world championship from a different view.
‘During the ring ceremony I was definitely getting chills because I was actually in the building in ’86 when they won number 16,’ Wood said. ‘I was a junior in high school at Copley High and I was in the building when they won. I mean I was way up in the rafters. So for me it’s really special to be here to see them raise that after all these years.’
Watching the banner get hoisted to the rafters took Wood back to the days of the original Big Three.
‘I started thinking about Larry Bird and Kevin McHale and all the guys that last time they won were here,’ he said. ‘And then I started thinking like my sons are big Celtics fans so this is their generation for them.’
The native Bostonian added, ‘It’s just great for the city of Boston, for the organization, for them to be doing this again.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason