|Report: Pierce may have broken foot||02.02.10 at 5:32 pm ET|
A league source has told TNT analyst David Aldridge that the Celtics may be without Paul Pierce for an extended period of time. The All-Star forward may have a broken left foot. The C’s do not know for certain if Pierce’s foot is broken after X-rays were taken on Tuesday.
Pierce will undergo additional tests.
Pierce, who injured the foot in the first half of the Celtics’ 99-88 victory over the Washington Wizards on Monday night, is having one of his best season’s statistically, averaging 18.9 points on 47 percent shooting.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?