|Report: Pierce may have broken foot||02.02.10 at 5:32 pm ET|
A league source has told TNT analyst David Aldridge that the Celtics may be without Paul Pierce for an extended period of time. The All-Star forward may have a broken left foot. The C’s do not know for certain if Pierce’s foot is broken after X-rays were taken on Tuesday.
Pierce will undergo additional tests.
Pierce, who injured the foot in the first half of the Celtics’ 99-88 victory over the Washington Wizards on Monday night, is having one of his best season’s statistically, averaging 18.9 points on 47 percent shooting.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Rondo Is Perfect Fit for Stevens' Offense
- Should Boston Celtics Strike Now on a Jeff Green Trade?
- C's 'Rising Stars' Legit Building Blocks?
- Will Rondo's Resurgence Force C's to Consider Trade?
- The Deadline Deal Celtics Must Make
- Latest Celtics Trade Rumors, Updates
- Teams That Should Be Asking About Humphries