|Doc’s son Austin Rivers is still pretty unbelievable||08.11.11 at 12:35 pm ET|
The oft-highlighted run of Duke University’s No. 1 recruit Austin Rivers — son of Celtics head coach Doc Rivers — finally came to an end at the Greater NC Pro-Am (aka, “Rucker of the South”), but not before he entered a few more highlights into the fray. First, he dunked on former Celtics forward Rasheed Wallace. Then, he made NC State’s Lorenzo Brown look ridiculous. Now? Austin just makes everyone look silly. I mean, the two crossover spin moves in the embedded video are absurd.
All of which made me wonder: Why didn’t the Celtics just spend the No. 55 second-round pick they used to select E’Twaun Moore on Austin Rivers, wait for him to play one season at Duke and sign him in 2012 — a la Larry Bird in 1978? Read the rest of this entry »
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/9
- State of the Celtics: Jordan Crawford named Eastern Conference Player of...
- Paul Pierce practices, might play tomorrow against Celtics
- An emotional week ahead for the Celtics
- State of the Celtics
- Brad Stevens keeping everyone on an even keel
- It's a laugher: Celtics trounce Knicks 114 - 73