|Veterans maintain first quarter lead for Hawks||11.12.08 at 6:15 pm ET|
Last season one of the most impressive factors of the Hawks series against the Celtics was their youth and inexperience. This summer, however, they have added veteran leadership to their bench. Mo Evans and Flip Murray pushed their younger teammates during training camp and are one of the reasons why head coach Mike Woodson thinks the Hawks have been so successful. With Murray and Evans on the court, the Hawks stopped a Celtics run to cap off the first quarter with a three-point dagger from Murray.
At the end of the first quarter … Hawks 31, Celtics 24
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...