|Pierce out with right thumb, flu||02.23.10 at 6:57 pm ET|
Paul Pierce will miss the game with the Knicks with an injured right thumb and didn’t make the trip into the Garden as he is also suffering from the flu. Marquis Daniels will start in his place.
“It’s just a hurt hand so we’re just going to go one day at a time,” coach Doc Rivers said. “He’s not even in the building tonight. He has the flu, too. He would’ve played if he didn’t have the hand injury. With the flu, we just told him to stay home.”
Rivers said he was not aware if tests have been performed on Pierce’s right thumb.
“If we have, I don’t know. I’m assuming we have but I actually don’t know the answer,” Rivers added.
- Could the Celtics make a move for Greg Monroe?
- Deron Williams expected to play vs. Celtics on Tuesday
- Thursday's Leftovers: Crawford's hand is wrapped, Ainge discusses...
- At the Quarter Pole: Team Statistical Breakdown
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/5
- Ainge on Rondo: "not close"
- Forsberg: Embrace the winning