|High flying action to hold you over||06.03.09 at 12:32 am ET|
After non-stop hoops through the first three rounds of the playoffs, the stretch before Game 1 of NBA Finals can seem like four weeks rather than four days. The good news is, there is still some high flying action to enjoy before the Los Angeles Lakers and Orlando Magic get underway on Thursday,
The NBA and Sprite are searching for the best dunker to compete in the Sprite Slam Dunk Showdown during the 2010 All-Star Weekend. Contests are being held in eight cities around the country and each winner will receive $1,000. In addition, LeBron James and a panel of judges will select two winners from a pool of online video submissions.
Once those 10 dunkers have been selected, fans will vote on four contestants to go to Dallas for All-Star Weekend and compete for $10,000 and a spot in the 2010 NBA Slam Dunk Contest.
Click here to watch the winners from Atlanta, Los Angeles, Portland, and San Francisco. Check out the Bay Area’s winner, Guy Dupuy, who throws down a windmill over six people. Submit your own videos at www.nba.com/dunk.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?