|High flying action to hold you over||06.03.09 at 12:32 am ET|
After non-stop hoops through the first three rounds of the playoffs, the stretch before Game 1 of NBA Finals can seem like four weeks rather than four days. The good news is, there is still some high flying action to enjoy before the Los Angeles Lakers and Orlando Magic get underway on Thursday,
The NBA and Sprite are searching for the best dunker to compete in the Sprite Slam Dunk Showdown during the 2010 All-Star Weekend. Contests are being held in eight cities around the country and each winner will receive $1,000. In addition, LeBron James and a panel of judges will select two winners from a pool of online video submissions.
Once those 10 dunkers have been selected, fans will vote on four contestants to go to Dallas for All-Star Weekend and compete for $10,000 and a spot in the 2010 NBA Slam Dunk Contest.
Click here to watch the winners from Atlanta, Los Angeles, Portland, and San Francisco. Check out the Bay Area’s winner, Guy Dupuy, who throws down a windmill over six people. Submit your own videos at www.nba.com/dunk.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...