|Celtics honor 2012-13 Heroes Among Us||08.12.13 at 11:40 am ET|
Anybody who has attended a Celtics game in recent years can attest that the Heroes Among Us segment at halfcourt during a timeout is a guaranteed special moment for each home game in the Garden. The ceremony after the Boston Marathon was particularly heart-wrenching.
Last week, the Celtics honored all 250-plus extraordinary honorees from the 2012-13 NBA season at the State House.
“On behalf of the entire Boston Celtics organization, I would like to congratulate all of this past season’s Heroes Among Us Award winners,” said C’s co-owner Bob Epstein, who recognized the recipients alongside Celtics forward Jared Sullinger. “Each and every individual in this room is an inspiration to us all.”
“It’s a pleasure to be here with you today, to recognize outstanding individuals for their bravery and their will to overcome obstacles in the face of adversity,” added Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis, who served as the event’s keynote speaker and was also honored during the C’s post-Marathon Heroes Among Us ceremony.
Here is a list of 2012-13 Heroes Among Us as provided by the Celtics:
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/9
- State of the Celtics: Jordan Crawford named Eastern Conference Player of...
- Paul Pierce practices, might play tomorrow against Celtics
- An emotional week ahead for the Celtics
- State of the Celtics
- Brad Stevens keeping everyone on an even keel
- It's a laugher: Celtics trounce Knicks 114 - 73