|Paul Pierce can’t say ‘thank you’ enough to Boston and its fans||07.16.13 at 5:15 pm ET|
Paul Pierce was always at the leading edge of social media among Boston athletes in his 15 years in Boston.
He showed again why on Tuesday, taking to Instagram, creating an account [paulpierce] with a similar handle to his Twitter account of @paulpierce34, to say thank you to the city of Boston and its fans for their support over his time with the Celtics.
He created a hastag of #THANKYOUBOSTON for those on Instagram wishing to surface all of the photos he has collected over the years.
His home page features a photo of him with a youngish Tom Brady (circa the 2001-02 season).
Pierce was formally traded on July 12 to Brooklyn along with fellow future hall of famer Kevin Garnett and Jason Terry for Kris Humphries, Keith Bogans, MarShon Brooks, Gerald Wallace and Kris Joseph and three first-round picks. In one of his first acts as a member of his new team, he wanted to show Tuesday that he hadn’t forgotten all that was accomplished with the team that brought him into the NBA.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...