|Shaq challenges critical TV host to boxing match||08.05.10 at 4:46 pm ET|
Shaquille O’Neal took to his Twitter feed to lash out at ESPN’s Jim Rome, challenging the talk show host to a boxing match and offering to donate his salary to charity should he lose.
On “Rome is Burning” Wednesday, Rome said the Celtics should not sign the free agent center, insisting O’Neal had not lived up to expectations in his long career that included three championships with the Lakers. Added Rome: “[Shaq] never approached the game with the dedication and discipline of Kobe Bryant,” the former teammate with whom O’Neal had a public feud.
In his response, mixed in among insults, O’Neal challenged Rome to a boxing match at the ESPN studios.
Those that dnt respect your hard work, its ok, make em respect u as a person.
If u wanna see shaq box jim rome live on espn. I do if he wins ill donate my salary to a charity of his choice
And forget the back and forth jim rome, I challenge u to a boxing match, live at espn studios, show the world if u can bak up the tuff talk
Jim rome, I am happy with my career and the legacy that I have left behind, obviously u r not happy wit yur legacy I 4got u have no legacy about
Responded Rome on his own Twitter feed:
Really? You’re getting hooked and want to fight a guy with no legacy. You’re better than that. Thx 4 checking in. Bn 2 long.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...