|Report: Celtics proposed two trades to Grizzlies||06.28.09 at 10:03 pm ET|
Draft Night may have seemed quiet for the Celtics, but that doesn’t mean they weren’t trying to make moves behind the scenes. After last Thursday’s draft Celtics GM Danny Ainge said the Celtics had conversations about landing a higher pick in the second round. According to the Memphis Commercial-Appeal, some of those conversations centered around the Grizzlies:
Boston tried to entice the Grizzlies twice. The Celtics offered Brian Scalabrine, Tony Allen and a choice of J.R. Giddens or Bill Walker for the Grizzlies’ 36th pick and cash considerations.
The Celtics’ best offer for the Grizzlies’ No. 2 pick only included center Kendrick Perkins.
The Grizzlies kept their pick and selected forward Sam Young from Pittsburgh. The Celtics used their only pick (58th) to draft guard Lester Young from University of Tennessee-Martin.
- Bass: "A great coach anywhere is a great coach everywhere"
- NBA Trade Idea (from Forsberg): Getting Omer Asik
- Rajon Rondo goes shopping with children for holidays
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/13
- State of the Celtics: how a hypothetical trade with the Knicks turned...
- Ainge: Playoffs not a goal, progress is
- Jeff Green 8th in front court, Rajon Rondo 6th in back court in All Star...