|Report: Celtics proposed two trades to Grizzlies||06.28.09 at 10:03 pm ET|
Draft Night may have seemed quiet for the Celtics, but that doesn’t mean they weren’t trying to make moves behind the scenes. After last Thursday’s draft Celtics GM Danny Ainge said the Celtics had conversations about landing a higher pick in the second round. According to the Memphis Commercial-Appeal, some of those conversations centered around the Grizzlies:
The Celtics’ best offer for the Grizzlies’ No. 2 pick only included center Kendrick Perkins.
The Grizzlies kept their pick and selected forward Sam Young from Pittsburgh. The Celtics used their only pick (58th) to draft guard Lester Young from University of Tennessee-Martin.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...