|Notes and numbers: Third quarter||03.23.09 at 9:30 pm ET|
– KG watch: 9 minutes, 4 points, 1 rebound
– Leading scorer: Baron Davis (10 points)
– Leading rebounder: Kendrick Perkins (8 rebounds)
– Leading ball handler: Rajon Rondo and Baron Davis (3 assists)
– Points in the paint: Celtics 16 ‘ Clippers 10
– Fast break points: Celtics 6 ‘ Clippers 0
|Notes and numbers: First quarter||at 8:11 pm ET|
At the end of the first quarter … Celtics 31, Clippers 18
– KG watch: 9 minutes, 8 points, 1 rebound, 1 foul
– Leading scorer: Rajon Rondo (10 points)
– Leading rebounder: Zach Randolph (5 boards)
– Leading ball handler: Rondo and Baron Davis (3 assists)
– Hot shot: Celtics 68.4% FG, Clippers 45.0% FG
|The boys are back in town||at 7:46 pm ET|
It’s been 30 days … But tonight the Big Ticket returns to the Garden … Are you ready?
For the first time in over a month the true Boston Celtics starting five is taking the court. After a dramatic introduction on the Jumbotron, Kevin Garnett looks like he hasn’t missed a beat. After the lineups were announced he got in Kendrick Perkins face and shouted who-knows-what. He acknowledged each of the Clippers and then ran to the corner of the court to address the crowd, lifting fans to their feet with every point of his finger. There is something different tonight — maybe the Garden is trying new lighting — but the energy in the air is undeniable.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?