|Notes and numbers: Third quarter||03.23.09 at 9:30 pm ET|
An alley-oop from Rajon Rondo to Kevin Garnett got the Celtics – and the crowd – back in this game in the third quarter. Celtics 70 … Clippers 60.
- KG watch: 9 minutes, 4 points, 1 rebound
- Leading scorer: Baron Davis (10 points)
- Leading rebounder: Kendrick Perkins (8 rebounds)
- Leading ball handler: Rajon Rondo and Baron Davis (3 assists)
- Points in the paint: Celtics 16 – Clippers 10
- Fast break points: Celtics 6 – Clippers 0
|Notes and numbers: First quarter||at 8:11 pm ET|
At the end of the first quarter … Celtics 31, Clippers 18
- KG watch: 9 minutes, 8 points, 1 rebound, 1 foul
- Leading scorer: Rajon Rondo (10 points)
- Leading rebounder: Zach Randolph (5 boards)
- Leading ball handler: Rondo and Baron Davis (3 assists)
- Hot shot: Celtics 68.4% FG, Clippers 45.0% FG
|The boys are back in town||at 7:46 pm ET|
It’s been 30 days … But tonight the Big Ticket returns to the Garden … Are you ready?
For the first time in over a month the true Boston Celtics starting five is taking the court. After a dramatic introduction on the Jumbotron, Kevin Garnett looks like he hasn’t missed a beat. After the lineups were announced he got in Kendrick Perkins face and shouted who-knows-what. He acknowledged each of the Clippers and then ran to the corner of the court to address the crowd, lifting fans to their feet with every point of his finger. There is something different tonight — maybe the Garden is trying new lighting — but the energy in the air is undeniable.