|Red Claws select Magnum Rolle in draft||11.01.10 at 11:06 pm ET|
The Maine Red Claws selected Magnum Rolle in the first round of the D-League draft Monday. A 6-foot-11 center from Louisiana Tech, Rolle was drafted by Oklahoma City in the second round of the 2010 NBA draft and then traded to the Pacers.
Rolle was cut by the Pacers after Indiana found itself in a roster crunch. Rather than waive backup center Solomon Jones, who had a guaranteed contract, the Pacers elected to part ways with Rolle, despite a strong showing in summer league. Fanhouse’s Matt Moore called Rolle the “steal of the D-League draft.”
The Red Claws are affiliated with the Celtics and Bobcats but players on their roster are free agents who can sign with any NBA team at any time. Still, Rolle is a nice piece for coach Austin Ainge, son of Danny.
Here’s the rest of the Red Claws draft list:
1. Magnum Rolle C 6-11 225 Louisiana Tech
2. Kenny Hayes G 6-2 183 Miami (Ohio)
2. Champ Oguchi G 6-6 195 Illinois State
3. Lawrence Westbrook G 6-00 185 Minnesota
4. Tajuan Porter G 5-06 150 Oregon
5. James Lewis G 6-4 200 Fresno Pacific
6. JaJuan Smith G 6-3 195 Tennessee
7. Eugene Spates F 6-8 220 Northeastern
8. Armon Bassett G 6-2 180 Ohio
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?