|Rajon Rondo messes with reporters, admits time away from Celtics ‘was difficult’||12.04.12 at 3:58 pm ET|
“I went to Mexico for a couple of days and watched the games,” said Rondo, who was immediately asked if he was being serious. “It was cool.”
Rondo, who practiced with the team on Monday and Tuesday, said he just wanted to give his body a chance to rest. Team officials had no knowledge of Rondo traveling outside the country, leading to the conclusion that Rondo was simply joking with reporters.
“Why not? Had days off, allow my body to get a chance to rest,” Rondo said, insisting again that he went south of the border. “I wanted to be out there with my teammates but obviously a two-game suspension, and I was glued in front of the TV.
“Hopefully, I don’t feel too winded [Wedensday]. I’ve been off for about a week. We’ll see [Wednesday].”
The Celtics return to action on Wednesday night at 7:30, when they host Kevin Love and the Timberwolves at TD Garden. The Celtics went 1-1 without Rondo, beating Portland Friday easily before blowing a 17-point lead Saturday and losing in Milwaukee.
“We moved the ball very well without me,” Rondo said. “Guys played great, guys stepped up. Courtney [Lee] played well. We got off to a great start in Milwaukee but our defense slipped in terms of our blitz pick-and-roll defense. Other than that, the guys did a great job.”
Rondo said there was no lesson learned from the suspension. Read the rest of this entry »
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...