|Try to like Celtics’ Jeff Green after this||08.01.11 at 10:14 am ET|
On Thursday, we posted a tongue-in-cheek blog entitled, “Try not to like Celtics’ Jeff Green after this,” detailing the Celtics restricted free agent forward’s commendable association with the Wounded Warriors Project’s basketball game on the White House’s south lawn last week.
Of course, we also noted that the Maryland native would participate in the Celebrity Soccer Challenge in Washington on Sunday — which he did, subsequently knocking host and soccer Hall of Famer Mia Hamm to the ground during a breakaway attempt. Needless to say, a healthy round of boos rained down on Green.
No word on how Hamm’s husband Nomar Garciaparra reacted. If only Green had done the same to Lakers guard Kobe Bryant — who also participated — the 24-year-old might have endeared himself to Celtics fans who grew frustrated with him after he arrived in Boston as part of the deal that sent Kendrick Perkins to the Thunder.
The Washington Examiner caught up with both Bryant and Green at the exhibition. While Bryant discussed the possibility of playing overseas during the NBA lockout following his platelet rich-plasma treatment, Green had some interesting things to say about where he will play next season: Read the rest of this entry »
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason