|Doc Rivers: Mickael Pietrus is ‘the instigator’ Celtics desperately need right now||01.17.12 at 10:28 am ET|
“He has a great role — shoot,” Rivers said. “That’s a helluva role. I never had that as a player because I couldn’t shoot, was probably the reason.”
He even lamented his case to his old coach with the Atlanta Hawks, Mike Fratello, who was on hand doing the game nationally on TNT.
But after further thought, Rivers’ jealousy turned into sincere admiration for the combination of toughness and determination Pietrus brings to the team, a trait that’s needed badly right now as the team battles through a five-game losing streak and a 4-8 start to the shortened 66-game season.
“He earns it, though,” Rivers said. “The guy, he plays so hard. He’s going to take some crazy shots sometimes and he may turn it over but his spirit is really good for our team. He’s competitive and we needed to add another instigator to our team. He is absolutely an instigator.” Read the rest of this entry »
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason