|Rivers on D&C: Transcript||06.21.10 at 1:51 pm ET|
Doc Rivers joined the Dennis & Callahan show Monday morning to discuss not only his future as coach of the Celtics but also his reaction to Game 7 of the NBA finals. Said Rivers: “It’s uncomfortable to talk about [this coaching situation] and its uncomfortable where you go where people want to talk about it, so that’s probably why I want to make the decision sooner than later.”
Following is a transcript. To listen to the entire interview, visit the Dennis & Callahan audio on demand page.
Did any [members of your family] put the question to you yesterday: Why don’t you stick around for a year or two?
We didn’t talk about it all, really. We’ve on even brought it up once since the season has been over. It is still very difficult to get though Game 7, let alone talk about your future, if you want to be honest.
You could look us in the eye, if we were face to face, and say you haven’t made a decision yet?
Yeah, I could. I could do that and could do it honestly. I am not going to say which way I am leaning — and I am one way — but I could look you in the eye and say that I have not made a decision. We have only had a small conversation, and we are going to do that in the next week or so. Read the rest of this entry »
- Hypothetical trade idea (conversation between Danny Ainge and Kevin...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - news, rumors, and opinion
- Should Chris Wilcox Get Another Stint With The Celtics?
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/18
- Kevin Garnett will not have surgery on his ankle/foot
- Celtics may be looking to move up in NBA draft
- Stephen A. Smith back with more Doc Rivers rumors