|Rivers on D&C: Transcript||06.21.10 at 1:51 pm ET|
Doc Rivers joined the Dennis & Callahan show Monday morning to discuss not only his future as coach of the Celtics but also his reaction to Game 7 of the NBA finals. Said Rivers: ‘It’s uncomfortable to talk about [this coaching situation] and its uncomfortable where you go where people want to talk about it, so that’s probably why I want to make the decision sooner than later.’
Following is a transcript. To listen to the entire interview, visit the Dennis & Callahan audio on demand page.
Did any [members of your family] put the question to you yesterday: Why don’t you stick around for a year or two?
We didn’t talk about it all, really. We’ve on even brought it up once since the season has been over. It is still very difficult to get though Game 7, let alone talk about your future, if you want to be honest.
You could look us in the eye, if we were face to face, and say you haven’t made a decision yet?
Yeah, I could. I could do that and could do it honestly. I am not going to say which way I am leaning ‘ and I am one way ‘ but I could look you in the eye and say that I have not made a decision. We have only had a small conversation, and we are going to do that in the next week or so. Read the rest of this entry »
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...