|Rumor: Cavs offering Barnes the most money||07.19.10 at 3:03 pm ET|
The Celtics have previously shown interest in the 6-foot-7 30-year-old, but over he past few days Barnes has played his cards close to the chest on many different teams.
NBA insider Alex Kennedy has tweeted that the Cavs have offered Barnes the most amount of money out of all the interested teams, but Barnes may take less money to play with a contender.
In his seven-year career, Barnes has averaged 7.3 points, 1.7 assists and 4.4 rebounds per game. Barnes has said on his Twitter that he would reveal his decision for next season last Friday, but when more teams “jumped [into] the game,” Barnes decided to wait a few more days.
|LeBron Watch, 4 p.m.: Heat reportedly eye Beasley trade||07.08.10 at 4:25 pm ET|
In order to free up space to sign LeBron James to a max contract of nearly $130 million, the Heat reportedly have been in discussions about a four-way deal with the Raptors, Bobcats and Rockets.
According to ESPN.com, the complicated deal would have Michael Beasley and his $5 million leaving South Beach. Although the Heat could give near-max contracts to James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, getting rid of Beasley would go a long way toward helping reshape their roster.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason