|Vince Carter to Magic?||06.25.09 at 4:55 pm ET|
Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski is reporting that the Nets are in what he calls “advanced discussions” to send Vince Carter to Orlando for Rafer Alston, Tony Battie and Courtney Lee.
The only real prize for the Nets would be Lee who impressed a lot of people with his performance in the playoffs. Battie and Alston are, of course, free agents after the 2010 season, while Carter has three years and over $50 million still coming to him (the last year is a team option).
For all of his many quirks, Carter would be an interesting pickup for the Magic, who would bid adieu to Hedo Turkoglu if this goes down. Carter can shoot and he can create his own shot–two qualities the Magic need from their wing players–but he’s not exactly a defensive stopper. Carter, who is from Orlando, has also been a consistent performer with New Jersey since he was traded by Toronto in a messy divorce.
Funny how none of the trades that have actually happened ever made it to the rumor stage (the Shaq deal being the exception).
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Rondo Is Perfect Fit for Stevens' Offense
- Should Boston Celtics Strike Now on a Jeff Green Trade?
- C's 'Rising Stars' Legit Building Blocks?
- Will Rondo's Resurgence Force C's to Consider Trade?
- The Deadline Deal Celtics Must Make
- Latest Celtics Trade Rumors, Updates
- Teams That Should Be Asking About Humphries