|Danny Ainge on Big Show: ‘I like this team much better’||12.23.10 at 5:11 pm ET|
Celtics president Danny Ainge joined The Big Show for his weekly Thursday appearance and noted that he doesn’t think this season’s Celtics team will have the same kind of letdown as last season’s squad.
“I think this just a better team,” Ainge said. “I like this team much better. I like the depth better. I feel more more confident in this team and what we’re capable of doing. Last year we came very close. I feel like us at all positions. We’re playing now without Delonte [West] and Rajon [Rondo], which makes it very difficult, and we’re still finding ways to win.”
The key for Ainge is that injuries haven’t affected Paul Pierce or Kevin Garnett as they did last season.
“I think last year’s regular season, we didn’t play with a lot of resolve, but we also had more injuries to more key players,” Ainge said. “Paul and KG weren’t near the same and both of those guys are having great years.”
Here are more highlights from the interview: Read the rest of this entry »
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/9
- State of the Celtics: Jordan Crawford named Eastern Conference Player of...
- Paul Pierce practices, might play tomorrow against Celtics
- An emotional week ahead for the Celtics
- State of the Celtics
- Brad Stevens keeping everyone on an even keel
- It's a laugher: Celtics trounce Knicks 114 - 73