|Irish Coffee: Rajon Rondo continues bromance with Manny Pacquiao, wants ‘at least’ two NBA titles in next five years||08.28.12 at 9:50 am ET|
We’ve already discussed in detail the bromance between Filipino boxing legend Manny Pacquiao and the Celtics that they consummated after the C’s 2008 NBA championship victory. Naturally, since Rajon Rondo traveled to the Philippines on behalf of Red Bull, the Celtics point guard fielded a number of Pacman questions.
It was love at first sight. Or, as Rondo told ABS-CBN News, “I went back to the locker room, and I saw [Miguel] Cotto walking back, and then I saw Pacquiao come back and he was smiling. So from that point on, I started watching his fights and following him.”
How does Rondo love thee? Let him count the ways. “It’s his competitiveness. He works hard at what he does. “I’ve seen ’24/7,’ so I’ve seen the time that he puts in, and the dedication and the love and passion for his craft.”
The only thing Rondo said of real value to C’s fans came during an interview with InterAKTV: “I hope I can end my career as the greatest point guard in the history of the Boston Celtics.”
- Celtics visit Knicks looking for 3rd straight win
- State of the Celtics: Can Jeff Green be a top two player on a contending...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/7
- State of the Celtics: Is this team too talented to get a high draft pick?
- Should the Boston Celtics Still be Tanking?
- Kris Humphries Seizing the Moment, Leads Boston Celtics past Denver...
- Despite a scare, Jordan Crawford and the Celtics beat the Nuggets, 106-98