|In LA court, kidnap victim explains ties to Shaquille O’Neal||06.15.11 at 12:20 pm ET|
A strange trial is taking place in Los Angeles, and it has a connection to Shaquille O’Neal.
Robert Ross, who claims he did business with O’Neal and dated his ex-wife, allegedly was kidnapped and beaten by a group of gang members three years ago as part of the gang’s attempt to retrieve a sex tape of O’Neal with other women, according to preliminary testimony. Prosecutors, however, have indicated they have no evidence such a tape existed and said O’Neal is not involved in the case.
According to a Los Angeles Times report on the case, Ross testified that he is a former member of the Main Street Mafia Crips gang who became a music promoter. After becoming friends with O’Neal and trying to bring musical acts to O’Neal’s record label, Ross claims, he got into a financial dispute with the player’s recording firm and then announced that he had the sex tape.
Prosecutors have charged Ladell Rowles, purportedly the leader of the gang, with directing members to kidnap, beat and rob Ross.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason