|In LA court, kidnap victim explains ties to Shaquille O’Neal||06.15.11 at 12:20 pm ET|
A strange trial is taking place in Los Angeles, and it has a connection to Shaquille O’Neal.
Robert Ross, who claims he did business with O’Neal and dated his ex-wife, allegedly was kidnapped and beaten by a group of gang members three years ago as part of the gang’s attempt to retrieve a sex tape of O’Neal with other women, according to preliminary testimony. Prosecutors, however, have indicated they have no evidence such a tape existed and said O’Neal is not involved in the case.
According to a Los Angeles Times report on the case, Ross testified that he is a former member of the Main Street Mafia Crips gang who became a music promoter. After becoming friends with O’Neal and trying to bring musical acts to O’Neal’s record label, Ross claims, he got into a financial dispute with the player’s recording firm and then announced that he had the sex tape.
Prosecutors have charged Ladell Rowles, purportedly the leader of the gang, with directing members to kidnap, beat and rob Ross.
- Celtics visit Knicks looking for 3rd straight win
- State of the Celtics: Can Jeff Green be a top two player on a contending...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/7
- State of the Celtics: Is this team too talented to get a high draft pick?
- Should the Boston Celtics Still be Tanking?
- Kris Humphries Seizing the Moment, Leads Boston Celtics past Denver...
- Despite a scare, Jordan Crawford and the Celtics beat the Nuggets, 106-98