|Celtics practice notes||01.24.09 at 3:12 pm ET|
There was a media circus on Saturday at Health Point with several outlets taking advantage of what has become a rare Boston Celtics practice.
– Tony Allen, who has missed the last 10 games with an ankle injury, consistently knocked down long-range jumpshots after practice. However Doc Rivers, who does not get involved in the medical side of the game, has not been given the green light yet from Celtics trainer Ed Lacerte.
‘I have no idea [how he’s feeling],’ Rivers said. ‘He seems like he’s doing well, smiling and laughing today. I didn’t check updates. He’s not playing so I just talk to him as a guy. I don’t even ask him about the injury. So he’s feeling good.’
– Rajon Rondo was also working on his jumpshot, a hot topic as of late. Rondo attests that Rivers has not asked him to spend any more time on his J than he usually does.
‘In practice when I have the opportunity, I shoot it,’ he said. ‘But other than that I try to continue to do what I do best.’
– The Celtics spent an extra day in Florida on Friday after beating the Orlando Magic on Thursday night. Temperatures reached nearly 70 degrees in Orlando yesterday compared to 40 in Boston.
‘It’s great, any time you can stay in warm weather it’s got to be good for the body, good for the soul,’ Rivers said. ‘The players wanted that and they earned it, so they got to stay.’
As for Rivers, he used the extra day to spend time with his family. ‘I slept at home, I never saw the team,’ he said before adding with a laugh, ‘So it was perfect for me.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason