|Kevin Garnett doubtful for Wednesday against the Kings||01.11.11 at 3:08 pm ET|
WALTHAM — Celtics forward Kevin Garnett did not take part in his team’s practice on Tuesday, and it is unlikely that he will play on Wednesday when the Celtics are scheduled to host Sacramento.
He’s just not ready yet,” Celtics coach Doc Rivers said. “He’s close, very close. I think he wants to play but I just don’t think he should play yet.”
The Celtics won’t have a shootaround before Wednesday’s game, which is another indication that Garnett won’t play against the Kings. “I doubt he plays. There’s a chance but I doubt it,” said Rivers, who called Garnett day-to-day.
Garnett has been out since suffering a left calf strain against the Pistons on Dec. 29. Including that contest, the Celtics are 4-4 without Garnett, and his absence was felt acutely by teammates during their 108-102 loss to the Rockets on Monday.
In 30 games this year, Garnett is averaging 15.0 points and 9.5 boards a game while shooting a career-best 53.9 percent from the floor.
- Doc, Defesne, and Lob City - Q&A with Clips Nation's Steve Perin
- KG and Pierce look fine, C's fall to Nets 96 - 104
- 1st place Celtics take on Pierce, Garnett and the 4th place Nets
- Rondo: "I'm patient and I'm not going to rush"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/10
- The Celtics and player development
- NBA trade market shifting as season progresses