|Kevin Garnett doubtful for Wednesday against the Kings||01.11.11 at 3:08 pm ET|
He’s just not ready yet,” Celtics coach Doc Rivers said. “He’s close, very close. I think he wants to play but I just don’t think he should play yet.”
The Celtics won’t have a shootaround before Wednesday’s game, which is another indication that Garnett won’t play against the Kings. “I doubt he plays. There’s a chance but I doubt it,” said Rivers, who called Garnett day-to-day.
Garnett has been out since suffering a left calf strain against the Pistons on Dec. 29. Including that contest, the Celtics are 4-4 without Garnett, and his absence was felt acutely by teammates during their 108-102 loss to the Rockets on Monday.
In 30 games this year, Garnett is averaging 15.0 points and 9.5 boards a game while shooting a career-best 53.9 percent from the floor.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason