|Davis: It was a ‘stupid mistake’||10.30.09 at 8:33 pm ET|
Even though he needed a little prodding from general manager Danny Ainge next to him on the podium stage, Glen Davis characterized his actions that resulted in a fractured last thumb last weekend.
“It was a stupid mistake, a stupid mistake,” Davis said, after Ainge helped him answer the initial question. “Like Danny said, it’s something I most definitely have learned from looking forward.”
Sporting a white cast on his right hand and forearm, Davis continued to express his remorse for getting involved in an altercation last Sunday that has put him out of action for the next six weeks.
Ainge said Davis has made his apologies to everyone, including his team and now it’s time to move forward.
“My teammates are my teammates,” Davis said. “They’re there for me, no matter what. I just am thankful that I have great teammates like that.
“It’s been tough watching those guys play and not being there and be able to experience those experiences with them. I just want to move on, work hard and stay in shape to make sure I’m ready to play.” Read the rest of this entry »
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason