|Ainge: Celtics had interest in big trades||02.19.10 at 5:31 pm ET|
“We did talk about getting Stoudemire,” Ainge said. “I got a sense [Phoenix wasn’t] getting the things they wanted. I think they would have moved him, but I think they like Amare. He’s a terrific player and they didn’t get what they wanted.”
Ainge also said he had discussions with the Kings about Martin and made an attempt to maneuver in the mega trade between the Knicks, Rockets and Kings that resulted in Martin going to Houston and Tracy McGrady to New York.
The deal for Nate Robinson was done several days ago, Ainge said, but he and the Knicks wanted to wait to see about other deals before finalizing the trade. On Robinson, Ainge said: “I’m fan of him as a person and I’m a fan of him as a player. I liked Eddie. We really liked Eddie House. But Nate as a player is just a more dynamic player.”
Ainge also said the technical foul that was assessed to Rasheed Wallace Thursday night against the Lakers had been rescinded by the league.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason