|NBA lottery results: Hornets land big prize, Bobcats to select second||05.30.12 at 9:11 pm ET|
The bouncing balls went the Hornets’ way at the lottery Wednesday night, as they landed the No. 1 overall pick in the NBA draft. The best player available is widely considered to be Kentucky standout Anthony Davis. The Hornets moved up from the fourth spot, where they had a 13.7 percent chance to win the first pick.
The league still technically owns the franchise while the sale to Saints owner Tom Benson is being finalized.
Meanwhile, the Bobcats, who had the worst winning percentage in NBA history last season and a 25 percent chance to land the first pick, fell to the No. 2 spot. The Wizards and Cavs will select third and fourth, respectively.
- Let the countdown begin: Rondo 10-14 days away from meeting with Dr....
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/4
- Early conclusions after 20 games
- Jared Sullinger Drawing the Double Team and Assessing the Boston Celtics...
- Jordan Crawford Does it Again, Boston Celtics beat Milwaukee Bucks...
- Boston Celtics respond with a win, beat Milwaukee Bucks, 108-100
- Jeff Green Latest to Shoot Down Boston Celtics Tanking Talk