|NBA lottery results: Hornets land big prize, Bobcats to select second||05.30.12 at 9:11 pm ET|
The bouncing balls went the Hornets’ way at the lottery Wednesday night, as they landed the No. 1 overall pick in the NBA draft. The best player available is widely considered to be Kentucky standout Anthony Davis. The Hornets moved up from the fourth spot, where they had a 13.7 percent chance to win the first pick.
The league still technically owns the franchise while the sale to Saints owner Tom Benson is being finalized.
Meanwhile, the Bobcats, who had the worst winning percentage in NBA history last season and a 25 percent chance to land the first pick, fell to the No. 2 spot. The Wizards and Cavs will select third and fourth, respectively.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason