|Jokes continue at Ainge’s expense||05.06.10 at 4:45 pm ET|
WALTHAM — The NBA fined Danny Ainge $25,000 for “creating an unauthorized distraction” during Game 2 on the Celtics-Cavs series. In other words, he threw a towel up in the air while J.J. Hickson was shooting free throws.
“I was surprised, actually, at the fine,” Rivers said. “I know a lot of people were not. I was because he’s just an employee. What’s the difference between that and the mascots do it all the time. I was just wondering if Danny had worn Lucky’s outfit he would have gotten away with it.”
“I laughed because I know Danny,” Rivers continued. “Danny is as competitive of a person as I’ve ever met in my life. They were making a run, you could see them getting back into the game, and he couldn’t do anything about it. It was funny to me. The $25,000? That’s not so funny. Joke’s over now.”
And, hopefully, so is this story.
|Ainge’s towel toss under league review||05.05.10 at 9:07 am ET|
When he played, Celtics general manager Danny Ainge was known as a guy who would do anything to win. Apparently, he hasn’t lost that edge. During Monday night’s game in Cleveland, Ainge, sitting just to the side of the basket, threw a towel in the air in an attempt to distract J.J. Hickson, who was shooting a free throw. An NBA spokesman said “The situation is under review.”
Cavaliers coach Mike Brown didn’t seem too concerned after the game, saying: “That was interesting to see that happen during the flow of the game, from Danny Ainge. If it’s within the rules, hey, at this time, you do whatever you can to win. As long as it’s within the rules.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...