|Irish Coffee: Top 5 reasons not to fear Knicks||02.22.11 at 2:59 pm ET|
Wake up with the Celtics and your daily dose of Irish Coffee …
As details of the trade that sent Carmelo Anthony to the Knicks from the Nuggets in a deal that involved 15 current and future NBA players leaked to the media, the man who led Syracuse University to the 2003 NCAA title as an 18-year-old appeared on TV in a pre-recorded interview with Conan O’Brien and stated that he’d indeed like to stay in Denver.
Whether Anthony’s answer was sincere makes little difference. The real question is this: Should the Knicks still want the NBA’s third-best small forward in a Nuggets uniform? Considering he likely would’ve joined New York this summer for less dollars anyway — and the Knicks wouldn’t have had to part with three of their best five players — the answer to that question in the long-term is Absolutely.
Here are the details of the Carmelo Anthony trade from the Knicks perspective …
- Nuggets to Knicks: Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter & Renaldo Balkman
- Knicks to Nuggets: Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, 2014 first-round draft pick, 2012 second-round draft pick (from Golden State), 2013 second-round draft pick (from Golden State) & $3 million
- Timbervolves to Knicks: Corey Brewer
- Knicks to Timberwolves: Anthony Randolph, Eddy Curry and $3 million
Either way, the deal is done. So, that leaves another question: Should the Celtics, Heat or Bulls fear the Knicks at any point in the next four years? Here are the top five reasons they shouldn’t …
- NBA Draft Combine observations
- Terrence Williams Arrested
- Greg Oden working out, "looking right"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/19
- Hypothetical trade idea (conversation between Danny Ainge and Kevin...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - news, rumors, and opinion
- Should Chris Wilcox Get Another Stint With The Celtics?