|Celtics add D-League guard Vander Blue||01.22.14 at 8:00 am ET|
Blue received congratulations on his Twitter account and wrote: “God is amazing! I’m speechless right now … all it took was patience.”
The 6-foot-5 shooting guard has been playing for the Delaware 87ers, a D-League affiliate of the 76ers. In four games, he’s averaging 19.0 points, 4.8 rebounds and 2.3 assists in 30.5 minutes.
Blue, a former Marquette star who went undrafted last June, was a late cut of the 76ers in training camp. He then signed to play in Israel but returned after just seven games there with Maccabi Rishon Le Zion.
While Rajon Rondo returned to the Celtics last week, he is on a minutes restriction. Avery Bradley left Tuesday’s loss to the Heat with a sprained right ankle. The only other true guard on the active roster is Phil Pressey.
Chris Johnson, a swingman signed to a 10-day contract on Friday, was pressed into duty Tuesday and played well in 24 minutes.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason