|Paul Pierce: Poker play benefits basketball game||08.08.11 at 11:47 am ET|
We all know Celtics captain Paul Pierce survived well into Day 2 at last month’s World Series of Poker, but I hadn’t heard him comment much about it or seen what duds he was rocking. Thanks to PokerListings.com, we now have both. First, his thoughts on how his poker habit might benefit the Celtics even while the NBA lockout endures:
“I think poker has really helped me develop patience and that helps me in everything I do in life. It helps me on the basketball court, to be more patient and to be more of a thinking player and to be smarter out there.”
Now, take a look at how Pierce represented the Celtics at the WSOP, 2008 NBA title ring and all …
- Doc Rivers On His Exit: 'I Didn't Like The Way It Played Out'
- Reunion week part 2 - Doc Rivers returns to the Garden with his Clippers...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/11
- Grantland's one-on-one interview with Brad Stevens: Steez, Ties, and Math
- Doc, Defense, and Lob City - Q&A with Clips Nation's Steve Perin
- KG and Pierce look fine, C's fall to Nets 96 - 104
- 1st place Celtics take on Pierce, Garnett and the 4th place Nets